The selected nominee receives an award of up to 500 EUR to support expenses connected to attending the Berlin WONCA Europe Conference (June 24 - 27, 2020). Please note that the number of scholarships is limited and there is only one award per country available!
The deadline for scholarship applications is March 10, 2020
- Motivation letter (max. 200 words; including brief statement of your financial need for scholarship)
- Curriculum vitae (brief CV, 2 pages formate A4)
- Diploma (scanned copy)
- Age confirmation (copy of any ID)
- Letter of recommendation (Ministry of Health, Medical Chamber) or at best from the country's family/general practice organization (if one exists).
Goals of the International Scholarship Program
- Advance family medicine in Europe
- Assist nations with the need and potential for growth.
- Support the development of outstanding future leaders internationally.
Requirements for Eligibility
- Applicants must have completed medical studies, be in specialization training or early practice of family medicine and no older than 35.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Applications must be supported by an official body (Ministry of Health, Medical Chamber) or at best from the country's family/general practice organization (if one exists).
- Priority is given to applicants who provide accepted abstracts for the Berlin Conference, but it is not a necessary condition.
- Priority is given to participants from low income and lower-middle income countries (according to the World Bank classification system)
Criteria for Selection
- Personal need for financial support.
- Personal potential for contributing to the development of FM in their home country.
- Strength of proposed activities during the Berlin Conference visit.
- Strength of proposed activities upon returning to their home country.
- Regional needs and potential for FM development.
Delegate sponsorship50-500 EUR
WONCA delegates come from many countries around Europe. Sometimes it is difficult for a delegate to cover all of the costs for attendance on their own, especially if they come from low or lower-middle income countries.
Particularly for such participants, we would like to set up a special fund for financial assistance or a scholarship to attend.
Please consider sponsoring a delegate.
Sponsorship covers registration fees, accommodation and travel expenses to and from the WONCA Europe 2020 Conference in Berlin.